MERCL is a recognized section 501(c)(3) tax exempt, tax-deductible research and educational think tank established as a not-for-profit organization. Researching the major issues and events affecting Israel and the Jewish People;
- Ensuring the freedom, security, and prosperity of Israel and her people;
- Achieving fairness and equity for Israel from nations and international organizations;
- Educating U. S. lawmakers and their constituents, Christians, Jews, and others concerning Israel and other Middle East nations and entities, including the peoples, religions, cultures, politics, languages, conflicts and opportunities for cooperation or conciliation among them, using every means of media possible.
- Preserving the integrity of the Land of Israel;
- Strengthening ties among Israel, American Christians, the American Jewish population, and other nations;
MERCL helped establish the Christians’ Israel Public Action Campaign (CIPAC), its sister organization, 20 years ago as a 501 (c)(4) registered lobby, whose efforts include:
- An ongoing catalyst throughout the United States to mobilize Americans to action concerning issues related to a strong US-Israel relationship;
- Drafting and promoting measures to transfer the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem;
- Passage of the Syria Accountability Act;
- Insisting that Congress and the GAO find Yasser Arafat’s and the PLO’s stolen tens of billions of dollars;
- Keeping the permanent bars in U.S. law against the PLO by maintaining its terrorist designation;
- Passage of H. Con. Res.21 in the last Congress, charging Iran’s president with incitement to genocide against Israel and calling for legal action to bring him to bar.